The influx of illegal aliens into the United States has caused a great deal of concern among the nation’s politicians. Fox News reports an estimated two million illegal immigrants entered the country in 2022, despite the fact that deportations have dropped significantly below Trump-era levels. This has caused the Democrat-led administration in Washington, D.C. to become panicked.
The Biden administration has been informed by local officials in the nation’s capital that they need assistance in managing more immigrants. City officials claim that the issue has been made worse by border state governors transporting illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities like Washington, D.C., which is ruled by Democrats. D.C. Council Chairman Phil Mendelson stated that the majority of immigrants, roughly 90%, leave the city, putting the responsibility of taking care of the remaining 10% to the city.
Texas dropped off two buses of migrants outside VP Kamala Harris' residence in Washington, D.C. today.
We will continue sending migrants to sanctuary cities like D.C. until Pres. Biden & Border Czar Harris step up & do their jobs to secure the border. https://t.co/95xlAlCFDf
— Gov. Greg Abbott (@GovAbbott) September 15, 2022
The extent of D.C.’s migrant issue is significantly smaller compared to border areas like El Paso, Texas. El Paso received almost 1,000 illegal immigrants per day in September, compared to an average of about 300 immigrants per day in Washington during the same period. Mendelson criticized the border states’ bussing policies as “inhumane,” claiming that the challenge is normal to them since they are border states and not something that should be dropped on other cities.
Mendelson also complained that the Biden administration had provided insufficient assistance, claiming they had received some help from the Department of Homeland Security but not enough. Greg Abbott, a Republican governor of Texas, has made it clear that he has no intention of backing down and has stated that the buses would keep coming until the White House changes its approach. Abbott even sent two buses of migrants outside Vice President Kamala Harris’ residence in Washington, D.C., with a message that Texas will continue sending migrants to sanctuary cities until President Biden and Border Czar Harris step up and do their jobs to secure the border.
The influx of illegal aliens into the United States has caused a great deal of concern among politicians in Washington D.C., as well as other border states. While D.C. officials are feeling the strain of trying to care for those who remain after most migrants move on, they are still faring better than other border communities such as El Paso, Texas. Despite this, D.C. officials are still asking for more help from the Biden administration, and Texas Governor Greg Abbott has made it clear that he will continue sending buses of migrants until there is a change in White House policy. It remains to be seen how this situation will be resolved, but it is clear that both sides are determined to make sure that their voices are heard.
The preceding article is a summary of an article that originally appeared on Conservative Institute